Hello everyone! I’ve postponed last week’s blog post to thank Jenny Furse for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am humbled and heartened that you thought of me for this award. It is a privilege to share the journey of motherhood, self-discovery and life with you and the blogging community.
Please check out Jenny’s wonderful blog: http://progressinbloom.com
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy through their creative blogs.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.
1. How long have you been blogging for and why did you start?
I began journalling to practice mindfulness and promote good mental health. I found upon reading back on them that most of my entries were funny snippets involving the children and their antics. I wanted to share those experiences with others and so my blog was born seven months ago.
2. What makes a blog article worth sticking around for— one you truly enjoy reading?
I love reading uplifting, inspirational or humourous work. The best articles are the ones that leave you feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside or have you snorting your coffee accidentally from laughter.
3. What is your favorite thing about Fall?
Escaping from the sweltering heat of an Australian summer.
4. What is your go-to drink?
My life elixir comes in the form of a daily mochachino.
5. What favorite treat really hits the sweet spot for you?
Either a tiramisu or a cream sponge cake.
6. Tell me about a favorite date or share a great date night idea.
Anything with a comfy bed and a sleep-in will do just fine. Even a long nap will suffice.
7. Do you have a favorite family tradition?
The children like to make my husband’s birthday cake. It’s super cute, ultra messy and loads of fun.
8. What book(s) are you reading right now?
Red Dust by Fleur McDonald, who is an Australian author that writes about strong women who overcome adversity. Most of her books are based in the setting of an Australian outback and farming.
9. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
Make lemonade with the lemons life gives you. Smile, laugh, and don’t be afraid of what people think of you. Believe in yourself.
10. Do you have a secret or hidden talent?
I love to sing (so long as there are no witnesses). According to my seven-year-old, I’m no Katy Perry, but I’m OK.
11. What is one way you served or blessed someone else recently?
I am about to embark on volunteer work at the local neighbourhood community centre, helping disadvantaged people with learning basic computer skills and literacy. I’m looking forward to the experience and hope to make a small difference where I can.
1. Rivergirl at River’s World. I love humour and Rivergirl has it in spades with her funny gifs and witty posts about her hometown Maine, husband’s antics and visiting wildlife. She is a lovely human being.
2. Stephen and Fionnuala at Fractured Faith Blog. Stephen is a published author of The Kirkwood Scott Chronicles – Skelly’s Square. He blogs about writing, his family, and many other topics. He too is another lovely human being.
3. Phoebe at Phoebe MD: Medicine & Poetry. Phoebe blogs about a range of health & wellness topics as well as poetry. I love that she has created the Pendants for a Cause to help the hurricane victims in the Bahamas and Children’s Heart Project. Please support these worthy causes.
4. Patrice at Mom Life With P. Patrice blogs about the challenges of motherhood, promotes positivity, and offers tips and advice.
5. Pallavi at Curating Thoughts. Pallavi writes thoughtful posts on motherhood and poems in a category she calls Mom Jam (wish I had thought of that!).
My Questions for Nominees:
1. When did you start blogging and why?
2. What are three words that best describe you?
3. Where is your favourite place to visit?
4. What is your favourite food?
5. What is your favourite movie?
6. If you could share a meal with any 2 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
7. What is one thing you would never do again?
8. If you had to lose one of the five senses (touch, smell, sight, hearing, taste), which would you choose?
9. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
10. Who is your role model? The person that you look up to the most? Why?
11. What are you grateful for?
I would like to thank everyone who reads, shares, comments, likes and follows my posts at KN J Tales and Snippets.