The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size.
I would like to thank Rivergirl at River’s World for the nomination. This lovely lady was one of the first few people who started commenting on my blog posts, reaching out and forming a connection. In doing so, she gave me a boost of confidence. Instead of typing up a response and then deleting comments, I began pressing the enter button. Ok, enough of my mushiness!
River’s World is full of funny gifs, witty remarks, and good humour. Her posts are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. Go check out River’s World and have a laugh!
Rivergirl’s impossibly hard questions for me:
1. You’re a pigeon newly arrived in Hollywood. Who do you poop on first?
So many people, not enough poop to go around. It’s too hard to choose just one person.
2. Donald Trump has been impeached. Mike Pence has been trampled to death at a gay pride parade. Nancy Pelosi has resigned her position and run off to Tahiti with a member of BTS. You’ve been chosen to be the next President of the United States. What’s your first executive order?
Wow. Just wow.
Such power could do serious damage if wielded poorly and I’m not sure I’d be the best commander of anything. I either make grand, life-impacting decisions without in-depth thought or struggle to choose between ham or salami sandwiches.
So… if the United States was unfortunate enough to have me as President, my first order would have to be a ban on salami sandwiches. You know… to make life choices easier for everyone.
3. The Brussels Sprout is a much maligned ( and extremely gassy ) cruciferous vegetable. You run a PR firm and have just been hired to tweak it’s image. Go!
Scientists have discovered that eating twenty brussel sprouts a day will form sufficient gaseous fuel to allow humans the ability of self-propelled flight. You wanna fly? Eat those darn sprouts.
4. Your lifelong dream of being a stripper has come true. What’s your stage name?
Candy Crusher (I was addicted to Candy Crush at one stage).
5. Your cruise ship is sinking and you’ve scrambled onto a life raft only to realize it’s overloaded. What… or who… do you push overboard? A case of craft beer, your significant other, the oars, a beloved pet wombat, or the ship’s navigator ?
*Note – if you say beer or wombat, you are dead to me*
This is an easy one. I’ll need sustenance in the form of wombat and beer. I’ll need oars to bat down those circling sharks. The significant other could come in handy for keeping insanity at bay, fishing and other survival needs. I’d push overboard the navigator because of you know… the best indicator of the future is the past.
Now for the nominees:
1. Seetha from 3 Little Birds. Seetha is a writer, a poet, a mother and an amazing, compassionate and supportive woman. Her work is emotive, empowering and insightful.
5. Iain Saunders writes about mindfulness, life and business skills.
I recommend you check out the above bloggers and show them your support!
Post these rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog which nominated you.
2. Answer the questions your nominator asked.
3. Nominate two to six other bloggers who might appreciate the boost.
4. Ask them several unique questions.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
And answer these questions:
1. It’s your first day at a new job, you’re in the lunchroom about to get your delicious leftover casserole, labelled with your name. Only problem is your new supervisor is sitting there eating it. What do you do?
2. Your phone is ringing. It’s a very important phone call that you must answer as callback is not an option. You’re stuck on a public toilet, surrounded by people in other cubicles. What would you do?
3. You’ve got two bags of rubbish and your bin is full. Your neighbour is prickly and doesn’t like other people putting their rubbish into her bin. You sneak out in the middle of the night to dump your rubbish anyway. As you lift the lid, your neighbour shines her torch on you. What’s your excuse?
4. You’re on a deserted island. A crate washes ashore. Inside you find the one thing that would make your life more bearable. What’s inside?
5. You’re on a reality TV show and to win you have to eat three of the following: bull’s testicle, monkey’s brain, fish eyes, bull’s penis, maggot cheese or soft-boiled fetal duck. What’s the lucky three?
While I would love to hear your responses, there is absolutely no pressure to participate. I am just happy to have you as part of my online community and this nomination is my way to recognise and help support your blog.